I have been going to cookery club and last year our class had a"popup cafe" where we cooked for parents. We had to look through lots of recipe books.I wanted to use a meat that went with apple sauce, as so many are grown in Kent.Mrs King and I made up the recipe, using parts of other recipes.
• Slice the fillet lengthways, but only half way through.
• Finely chop the apricots and olives.
• Lay out a large piece of foil. On top place the parma ham. On top of that place the pork.
• Stuff the cavity with the olive and apricots.
• Then roll the fillet wrapping the ham around it.
• Next roll and wrap the foil around making a tight sausage.
• Meanwhile peal and thinly slice the potatoes.
• Geese a shallow dish, and place the slices of potatoes in overlapping as you go.
• Season with salt and pepper, and pour in enough cream to cover the potatoes.
• Place the pork and potatoes in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 30-40 mins.
• Meanwhile peel and slice the apples; place in a pan with a little water. Bring to a simmer until the apple has softened. Leave to cool.
• Towards the end of the cooking time, saute the asparagus in a little butter.
Slice the pork and arrange 3 or 4 slices of pork on a plate; spoon over some of the cooking juices. Then arrange the potatoes, asparagus and apple sauce on the plate.
1 Pork loin Fillet.
3 slices of Parma Ham
2 large Potatoes