We love apple or pear tarte tatin for pudding, but as I prefer savoury food than sweet, I thought I can create savoury tarte tatin. I have tried with various ingredients, but we finally come to the conclusion that this combination is the best! Hope you like it as much as we do :-)
1. Heat the oven to 190°c.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, and cook onion over a medium heat stirring frequently for 10 mins, or until the onions softened and browned slightly.
3. Add molasses/dark treacle/soft brown sugar and a pinch of salt and cook for another 5 mins.
4. Roll out the pastry, cut in size of top of the tin/mould.
5. Grease the tin, place tomatoes in the centre of the base of the tin, cover with onions.
6. Place the pastry on the top, tuck the edges down inside of the tin.
7. Bake for 20-25 mins, until the pastry is golden and crisp.
8. Remove from the oven and cool it for a few mins.
9. Turn out carefully over the plate, put goat cheese, and put back in the over for a few minutes to grill the cheese.
10. Decorate with balsamic graze. Serve while it is hot! Bon appétit :-)
Ready-rolled puff pastry sheet (about 90g)
1 large red onions finely sliced
1/2tsp molasses or dark treacle or soft brown sugar
2tbs olive oil
80g cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
60 g Goat cheese log sliced (about 1cm thick)
Salt (for seasoning)
Balsamic graze (for decoration)