1. Make sure you prepare yourself, working area and all ingredients.
2. Wash rice twice to remove starch and soak in water for 10 min.
3. In a tea infuser/ strainer place the cardamom and clove seeds inside it. Then place the strainer in a cup of hot water to let water get infused by the spice seeds.
4. Into a saucepan place in the rice and milk. Let it heat up and boil slowly. Let the rice cook and milk boil for 5 min, occasionally stir so the rice doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Then slowly pour in the infused hot water into the saucepan.
5. After the milk has boiled and rice is slightly cooked, into the saucepan add in the grated carrots and sugar.
6. Mix together well and let it cook for another 10 min. Stir occasionally.
7. Once the milk has thickened ups and the rice is cooked let it rest for a couple of minutes then to that add in the saffron strands for colour and flavour.
8. Then in dessert bowls serve the rice pudding.
9. For choice you can sprinkle the roasted almonds and add saffron strands.
Rice = 100g
Whole milk = 1 litre
Grated carrots = 50g
Caster sugar = 75g
5 cardamom seeds
5 cloves seeds
Slightly roasted chopped almonds (optional)